Copywriter on Chinglish, a comedy by Tony Award winner David Henry Hwang.
Here's a sampling of fake "Chinglish" that appeared in cases on the front of the theater:
- Sustenance for miniature humans = Baby Food
- The siren lies = False Alarm
- Be mindful of the juicy surfaces = Caution: Wet Floor
- The water needs saving = Please Conserve Water
- Coming may be perilous = Enter at Your Own Risk
- We will not subjugate to the naked = No shirt. No shoes. No service.
- The fowl cannot eat = Don't Feed The Birds
- Penetration will be dealt with painfully = Violators Will Be Prosecuted
Courtesy of SERINO/COYNE
Executive Creative Director: Tom Callahan
Creative Director, Interactive: Jim Glaub